If you are looking for a media server I would give strong consideration to using the Plex. I have encountered this software in several homes recently using this with Mac Mini’s. The application interface is very good and the features are very compelling here are a list of a few of the them.
• Effortlessly organize your media into a versatile library
• Native Cocoa and web-based versions provide local and network access to management features
• Automatically retrieve metadata from the Internet
• Complete customization of your library with a few clicks
• Automatic updates when new local content is added
• Stream content from over 150 popular online video, music and photo sources
• Easy downloading of channels from inside the Plex Media Center, iOS or Android applications
• Automatic updating of channels
• Many sources are in HD and use the site’s native Flash and Silverlight players
Plex Media Server runs on your Mac, PC, or compatible NAS device and serves your media to all of your Plex clients including Plex-enabled mobile devices and 2011 LG Smart TVs.
The other great thing is that it just seems to work pretty flawlessly on a Mac Mini which is a very easy device to hide around your TV. For more information go to their website at http://www.plexapp.tv.
Leave a Reply